Fliskets Piggy Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[act 3] Haven of beasts

Go down

[act 3] Haven of beasts Empty [act 3] Haven of beasts

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Brian took Rebecca outside the interrogation room using the only door available. Outside she realize it was an underground compound built as a maze. Another room, just like the one she was in, with a video camera pointing at the double face mirror and several monitors, VCR and other electronics. There were two men, sitting in front of the controls just keeping the watch and recording everything.

Becca and her father passed by without even looking at them and went to the next door, where Brian used his ID Card to open and leave. There a hallway, white again, with ceiling flourecent lamps and many closed doors. He went straight down and turned left at the middle of it, there was another corridor, narrower and disguised by the optic illusion of everything being so white.

At the end another T shape corridor, and then.. another.. another until this found a tempered glass door, very thick and with two security cameras one pointing in angle and another directly. The glass was dark, Becca couldn't see through. Brian reach a box where lasers started to scan his hand and another made a retina recognition. The crystal went from pinch dark to totally transparent and the electromagnetic field released the door and opened on itself.

Then Rebecca found a big chamber,  still underground. It was some sort of parking lot with different vehicles, most vans and other troop carriers. The roof was three or four floors high with several balconies leading to another entrances along the walls. There were many stair cases around the place from the basement to the first level balconies and many others to conect to higher levels.

[act 3] Haven of beasts Equali10

Brian went to a pickup truck dirty on its side and had a closed cabin. Using the remote he opened the vehicle and pick the door for Star to get in, locking the door behind her and moving to the driver's place. The rest was just driving around in an ascendent spiral road to another level we eight exits, Brian choosed one and leaved.

During this whole trip, from the interrogation room to the truck Rebecca's father sopke non stop. He was dreaming back about talking about their life together. The long nights watching the skies, the astronomy clases they got together, afternoons in the observatorium, hopeing some of that could come back at least once more. He was betting for the future with a sense of nostalgy.

Once they left the underground compound hardly seeing anyone at all, Rebecca found herself in Queens downtown. They got outside an alley and went directly to The Bronx by the I-678 using the Whitestone Bridge and then to the 278 until they finally got to The Bronx Zoo, also known as the Botanical Garden. The only place in New York where animals were free while humans where in cages.

[act 3] Haven of beasts Unique-Wedding-Venues-Central-Park-and-Bronx-Zoo-4-1024x512

While in route Brian tried to prepared Rebecca for the upcoming events.
"My Dear I belong to the Gangrel Clan. We're heading to our most important haven, The Bronx Zoo where Aston, The Primogen, the most important and well conected vampire of the city is waiting to meet you. He was the one actually talking to The Prince and saving you from that dreadful destiny.

You're not expected to know our traditions, not to behave in a Camarilla way. Just be polite and be yourself. I'm sure he will ask you about a sensitive topic, our Gangrel Gate was mocked by the Sabbat and he would want how. Any information you may have on that subject, I advice you to tell him as soon as he asks. After the meeting is over he'll allow me to show you to your quarters, while you find a place on your own.

Do you have any questions?"

Fliskets
Admin

https://fliskets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[act 3] Haven of beasts Empty Re: [act 3] Haven of beasts

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Star found the elaborate underground compound extremely disconcerting. Indeed the Camarilla was more militant then she could have ever imagined.
Thoughts ran through her head as she walked through the corridors, observing all of the high tech security. <holy sh!t who are these guys? This place seems more like an underground complex run by The Umbrella Corporation then a faction of vampires!>
Star was used to more of the guerrilla warfare tactical approach of the Sabbat then to the militant secret government Style of the Camarilla.

Still...Star paid close attention to her surroundings, she had been trained to keep her eyes open and be very observant to her location and whereabouts.
She took note of every step, every door, every camera placement. This wasn't something that she was really doing consciously, it was just ingrained in her to be very alert for her survival  and take mental notes of things to help gather recon for the pack.
Sadly it will be quite a while before she gets out of that mindset, She is a good Soldier after all.

As Brian started to bring up the past it diverted her attention away from her training.
And for a split moment in time as they were reminiscing about the past she actually smiled and for once didn't feel like a vampire, She was happy. Though the moment didn't last long as she caught her own reflection in the darkened glass and it drew her mind back to the reality of what she really was.
She didn't talk much, she mostly listened as her father spoke. He could tell that there was a hard cold emotional shell around her, but every now and then with his words he would see cracks of her true self start to break through. Truly the nights of torture and training have done quite a number on her. And he can only imagine the horrors that she had to endure to be in this type of state.
But still there were shining lights that shown that she was not completely lost.

They're have been stories of normal humans being kidnapped by serial rapist and murderers who tortured their victems for hours to days on end and once freed they are never quite the same after their experience. Most of these victims have survived by having their will broken by their Captor and only in a few days if that. For a vampire and the vampires of the Sabbat, anything a normal human serial killer could come up with was a walk in the park to these monsters. The things Star had to endure on a nightly basis with no end insight till she was broken and complied to what they wanted her to become, it was nearly unimaginable for her father, and if he thought about it for too much it would probably bring him to tears.

For majority of the ride to the Zoo,  she was quiet and seemed only to speak when spoken to or on those rare occasions where she was able to bring up a memory of the past that she was fond of and it broke through her tough exterior. This would at least make Brian a little bit happy knowing that his little girl was still in there somewhere.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:20 pm

My Dear I belong to the Gangrel Clan
She tilted her head and looked at her father oddly.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" You're a Gangral? ... Like one of those beastual dog guys? Huh... Humm... never really expected  to hear that... You honestly don't look it.. I have seen The Hunters, great Scouts and ferocious in battle... Really great to run with as long as you remember to let them eat their kill 1st even if they're not done playing with it.
Man those claws.. learn my lesson the hard way. I was limping for a good 2 nights afterwards."

She said with a bit of a reminiscent laugh, but clearly she was not joking

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Well ... At least you know what you are.... I on the other hand haven't got a clue.
They said it might take a little while to manifest what clan traits I might have, if any.

Honestly I guess it really doesn't matter, what's the point of clans anyway? So you can trace your lineage back to some o'l Bat that probably doesn't even exist anymore? I head those Ventures tend to go on and on about that bull-sh!t.

What's the point, we are in a war... Who cares where you were from....  I was trained to hit hard and take a hit. To dish out exactly when I can take..ya know.

I mean don't get me wrong, it might be kind of cool to know what clan I might be.. especially if you get some cool powers like the flesh shapers. Now that's some crazy sh!t.  Can you just imagine what you could do with that stuff to your enemy... Damn. Hee-Hee I heard they can even change people's appearances, like permanently. Make them beautiful  with out the need for plastic surgery... Or into super monstrous killing machines . or furniture. ... I heard that too. Hee-hee
"

She said with a some awe and a lack of horror in her voice to the things she was saying.

//Aston, The Primogen, the most important and well conected vampire of the city is waiting to meet you. He was the one actually talking to The Prince and saving you from that dreadful destiny.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" so this Aston guy... He is a Priscus then... Or more like a Bishop? ... I don't quite understand the Title of what a Primogen is...
I'm assuming if he has the ear of the Arch' if he convinced them to spare my life.   "

You're not expected to know our traditions, not to behave in a Camarilla way. Just be polite and be yourself.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Well I'm not sure what traditions you guys follow, but I'm assuming they're not too different then us. I know the "code" well enough ... Or at least the major key points.
Do your best to serve the Leaders.
Know your place among the pack.
Keep your word and honor it.
Honoring your pack is honoring yourself.
Support the Call and a bunch of other rules that I'm sure you don't want to hear about. Hee-hee"

She said with a laugh.
" I know my place in the "pecking order," I won't embarrass you... don't worry.
I have been taught from day one to show respect to the Ol' Bats  in charge, or get my dead-@ss handed to me ten-wayz to Sunday Dad.
I think I got this.  I know better then to be rude to a elder. I'm not a uncouth Savage. Hee-hee
Just let me know what the guy's preferred title is that I should adress him as..

Star said with a little eye roll, she never understood the need for everyone to be so fixated on titles of superiority

I'm sure he will ask you about a sensitive topic, our Gangrel Gate was mocked by the Sabbat and he would want how. Any information you may have on that subject, I advice you to tell him as soon as he asks
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  yeah... well like I said, I'm not disrespectful to elders.... I know the results of such behavior. That doesn't mean I might not talk smack about them behind their back... Hee-Hee.. Little John and I used to set over a shared "pint" and talk so much trash..  
God... I can't believe he's gone..."

Star got silent and turned her gaze out the window as she started to remember their last moments together before the dark man removed her friend's head from his shoulders.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" you know... You face the battlefield and you know that any minute you could face your last moment... You pray that you and your Buddies we'll make it through... But in a war, everyone eventually dies...and very few come home again.
Bureaucratic leaders sit far away from the war zone just watching, giving orders... never getting their hands dirty. The lives of their troops don't matter. we are Like Toy Soldiers. ...  wind us up, and let us go. See how we perform.
War is brutal Daddy... you got to hold onto every moment that you can. I just hope that no one steals those memories from you.  "

She said softly, there was much regret and remorse in her voice, and in a way she mourned the loss of her packmates as any Soldier fighting in the war would mourn their friends and comrades.

After the meeting is over he'll allow me to show you to your quarters, while you find a place on your own.
She gives a silent nod, and thinks about her future, something she really doesn't do that often.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" thanks... I appreciate that.
But don't expect me to get a job or anyting... I gave up that bullish!t along time ago. Heeh event before being a vampire. I got ways of getting money.
I'm not that worried. Hell I sleep most nights huddled in a closet, or the trunk of a car in the junkyard under a sleeping bag. I not picky.  I'll take safety over luxury any day."

Do you have any questions?"
Star thought for a moment, she wanted to vocalise some of her fears but thought it would be best not to say anything about just how nervous she was.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" so.. Um.. You know .. Never mind..
Um..just tell me anything important I need to know to survive.... I don't feel like getting my teeth kicked in tonight.. I think I already been pretty f.u.b.a.r.'ed enough for one night...

((F.U.B.A.R. = Fu*ked Up Beyond All Recognition))
" Wait.. How long has it been since the... the incident "

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 pm

" You're a Gangral? ... Like one of those beastual dog guys? Huh... Humm... never really expected to hear that... You honestly don't look it.. I have seen The Hunters, great Scouts and ferocious in battle...
*LAUGHTER*
"You haven't seen me in battle yet, Becca. Our stregth is not in our muscles or overwhelming supernatural powers. The Camarilla is a powerful institution, that's the secret of our Power.

The Gangrel Gate is our greatest success as a Clan and have kept all Sabbats and werewolves at bay for a decade now. Not because we could defeat a werewolf with our bare hands but because The Camarilla can."

He looked at her trying to find the right words, after all his daughter, he knew, still had feelings for The Sabbat. "We're at war, in one front against The Sabbat and we're winning. Siding with us is your best chance of survival my Little Star."

Eyes back on the road, just before entering the Zoo Brian said.
"The Sabbat torture you, whether you see it now or not Becca. That's a heavy burden to any vampire. You'll be reliefed of that burden in time and you can be honest about it. At least privately in front of our Primogen but for one thing: never make comparisons between our Elders and those of The Sabbat."

Answering to his daughter.
"It all happened yester-night." he laughted.

Father and daughter left the car in the zoo's parking lot. There was alot of security for a zoo, even one this big. Not just the security arm guards in the compound but also security cameras and digital ID for entering every door from now on.

On their way in, they passed by many normal humans in maintance rutines, attending different animals and cleaning for another day of work tomorrow. None took any attention to the passbyers, just keeping their daily work. This was strange, just like they were obfuscated to them but as a Gangrel did his father had such advance level of discipline? really strange and unexpected.

OOC: Eventually they got to an elevator, from another life (may be) a warning came to Rebecca using the Madness Network. <Elevators are dangerous!> but Star dismissed that thought and rapidly forgot it.

Back in the real elevator they went down for several floors. Eventually the doors open in a secret cave. The place was an strange combination of man rock carving and natural earthshapes. It was very beautiful, many floral species mixed with indirect light in green and white colours made quite an lobby. In front of them was an empty railroad track. They simply waited.

[act 3] Haven of beasts Vietnam_visa_travel_Quang_Binh-grotte-Phong-Nha

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 pm

You haven't seen me in battle yet, Becca.
Star gave a smirk, she couldn't picture her father in a fight to be honest.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" oh really... Hee-Hee you're a brawler huh?  A bit of a bad@ss Hee-Hee daughter like father then alright... hee-hee... Want to spar some time... We can make a game out of it, then kick back and enjoy a "pint" together. Real father daughter time hee-hee  "
She said with a laugh gaining some amusement from the thought of her father being badass.

The Gangrel Gate is our greatest success as a Clan and have kept all Sabbats
Star gave a smirk and muttered sarcastically
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" no offence Hee-Hee  but it can't be that great of a success if we been easily slip'n through....just saying"
She wasn't trying to be disrespectful, just stating a fact

//Siding with us is your best chance of survival my Little Star."
Star was silent and pondered this

The Sabbat torture you, whether you see it now or not Becca. That's a heavy burden to any vampire. You'll be reliefed of that burden in time and you can be honest about it.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  daddy.... I do understand what was done to me can be viewed as torture.
And honestly It probably was.  But it made me stronger, it made me harder, and it made me able to withstand the trials to come afterwards. I was among a very few that survived the recruitment process, as I'm sure that you were as well.  That's something to be proud of. Surviving the "torture" as you call it when others couldn't ...
hell daddy,  you had to at least show some potential to the elders or they wouldn't keep ya around.
 No one wants to end up the main course at a blood feats, save that sh!t for the blood-bags yah know what im saying... Heehe... What doesn't destroy us makes us stronger... Coal can only become a Diamond under pressure. And we are diamonds dad.. Hard then stone, cut to be beautiful killers and valuable to the ones that hold us. ... I'm OK with that.

She said with a smirk

//in front of our Primogen but // never make comparisons between our Elders and those of The Sabbat."
Star chuckled
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" touchly subject huh? ...
Well I'm not surprised, most people who think highly of themselves don't like to be compared to the truth of the matter... Its a ego thing. I get it.
But you Cams need to wake up one day and realize that you ain't no better than we are. I seen you Cams in battle... you are brutal, heartless, relentless killers. You are the same as we are. It's just two sides of the same coin, except you Cams think that you're better than everybody else....
One day maybe the Camarilla will realize that the Sabbat is just their own reflection in the mirror. The one that I don't like to look at because it reminds them of who and what  they really are.."

Star grabs the rear view mirror and tilt it to look at herself.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" daddy... I've seen my reflection and it ain't pretty. But at least I'm honest enough with myself and not trying to hide behind a lie. "
She let's go and turns the mirror back in its propper place facing him.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" what do you see when you look in the mirror?... Do you see the truth beyond your own reflection? Or do you see the lie that you have been taught is the truth?... I wonder.  "

Star gave her father a smirk, she loved him but she knew she was right.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  Daddy.. we all have to face the beast at some point... Understanding that part of ourselves and accepting it... That's the true key to winning.

If you can't be honest with yourself how can you be honest with others around you....
Food for thought.heehee
But I know my place... I'll keep my mouth shut around elders and the like.  "

She said sitting back and looking out the window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the Zoo she was very surprised to see the security, she laughed a little  to herself and thought < Sweet Zombiee Jesus, you Cam guys are a bit obvious with the security. If any of us ever wanted to find where your strongholds are we just got a check for that. Zoo are not normally guarded like Fort Knox ... Lordy lordy jezz.>

<Elevators are dangerous!>
When they reach the elevator Star found herself having a small WTF moment. She shook it off and blamed the thoughts and feeling on her inner fear.
She brushed it all aside and entered with her father.
She didn't quite know what was going to happen, but she did have a few ideas of what she could expect.
And all of them were of her being tested and getting her @ss kicked. As she waited with her father she couldn't help but have her body tense up. It was hard for her not to. she waited patiently by her father, and stood in a military stats. Posture straight up, legs a foot apart, arms behind your back holding your hands. Head alert and aware of surroundings

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Brian heard what Becca had to say about Sabbat and her experience. He could cared about the things she was saying about that penis competition between Cams and Sabs but being honest with himself, he was happy just to hear her speaking to him at all.

He smiled just by the fact that even after being embraced in opposite factions they could have a civilized talk about the subject without cutting their throats out. Even more that she actually was as smart as he remember, as pretty, as good as he always wanted her. Per haps he saw Rebecca's reflection of the beast, may be he was aware of the drug dealing and even she killed those babies. Still he couldn't hide his smile, to the point of making her uncomfortable for a second.

The train arrived and Brian hadn't said a word. There was no one on board a ghost train of sorts. He got inside and expected Rebecca to do so. Once both were inside the first of three wagons it started on its own. Going forward into darkness where Rebecca could only see two glowing red eyes floating next to her. The train stopped two times before they got out of it, she felt her father's hand holding her to get out.

These Cams had a thing for mazes, Star was starting to see a pattern. This time in the dark where only the Eyes of the Beast could have avoided unnumerable dangers and traps. At one point they stopped again and a steel door started to open in front of her allowing some room to reveal a big chamber inside this Cave. That made a *click* in her mind.

As far as she was told the Sabbat held control of New York City until the late 80s, this means that Camarilla had control over twenty years now, a good amount of time but... was it enough to built such impressive compounds? Not that she was a genious about the subject but definetly unlikely. So... what in hell was all these?

The big chamber was much like the lobby, stones, plants and lights everywhere. There were several felines, really big ones around the place. Two Panthers, four Bengala Tigers and other Black Loin Lions. At the back of the chamber was a Stone Throne carved with claws at each side two jaguars, usually smaller than panthers were actually bigger than the lions, almost like little rhinoceros. Sitting on the Throne was a man, over his fiftees, probably more with cat like hands and permanent fangs dressing like a count dracula/tarzan drag queen.

"Welcome!" Astor said and Brian took inmediately the knee.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Star found the train ride unsettling. Being in the pitch black darkness on a bumpy moving train car reminded her of the night that they breached the gangles gate. The emotions of fear and exhilaration all mixing into one as they snuck into the city.
Star briefly closed her eyes and try to focus her thoughts on the task ahead.

As I walked through the Chamber of mazes she did indeed think that there was no way that the Camarilla created all this. Truly she started to think about the "Umbrella Corporation" from Resident Evil and thought that the Cam must have muscle their way into controlling some government conglomerate secret organization or what not that was already here. Or they just simply stole it from the Sabbat, which was more likely... but she didn't even believe that the sabbat could create something like this elaborate, and not cover the whole thing in blood or bones of their enemies. She let her thoughts wander and tried to pay particular attention to the direction that she was going in. Once again counting her steps and trying to take mental notes of what direction she was coming from and how many terms they took. She Justified this I was thinking never know when you might just have to run for your life I need to make a mental note of things. She was hardly feeling "safe" even with her father by her side.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Sweet Zombie Jesus dad.. You Cam's do love your mazes ... these areas are more extensive than "the utilidors" under Disney World "
She said with  a bit of humor to her voice.

The Utilidors:
…The underground tunnels span an incredible 392,040 square feet. They span most of the park, with the exception of the part of New Fantasyland that was previously Mickey's Toontown, as this was added as an expansion in 1988. You can get an impression of their scale by looking at the (possibly outdated) map below:
[url=https://www.themeparktourist.com/sites/default/files/images/Magic Kingdom utilidor map.jpg] [act 3] Haven of beasts Magic%20Kingdom%20utilidor%20map.preview[/url]
A whole range of infrastructure and support functions are hidden away from guests' eyes in the utilidors. Here are 15 examples of things that Disney conceals so they don't spoil the fantasy world that it has so carefully constructed.

Star was more than a little surprised to see all of the big cats around. From what she had been told and from her brief experiences with the Gangrel Anti-tribute or The hunters as they are called, she only seen them as dogs, or wolves. She was quite surprised to see the big cats, and it made her nervous. And Astor's appearance only added to her anxiety. Again she tryed to bush her emotions aside and not have fear rule her. She had been taught better then that.

"Welcome!" Astor said and Brian took inmediately the knee
Star paused a moment and bowed, following suit as her father.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Greeting Lord Primogen Astor...
I am known as Star, It is a pleasure to meet you"

She said as she bowed respectively to him.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" my father tells me that you were the one that helped convince your King to spare my life... I am truly in your debt my Lord. ..
Ask anything of me and I will comply to the best of my abilities. "

She said In a honorable fashion of one who must repay a life boon.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:23 pm

The Primogen claped loudly, celebrating Star's presentation.
"Bravo! Bravo!" he yelled. While the two giant jagguars next to him roared loudly.

He stood up from his Throne and came close to Rebecca, swift and agile. He was moving slowly but his moves were supernaturally dextrous in elegant.

"Brian, my Childe! You were right! This is a remarkable kindred you've brough us. We're happy to have spared her life." as he was getting closed The Beast within the fledgling came unsettled, cowardly cowling on itself in submission to a greater predator.

Astor's pawn lifted a feline nail placing it beneath Rebecca's chin and gently but dangerously making her look up into his catlike eyes.

[act 3] Haven of beasts Tiger_eyes_by_kittyked-d4yx1jj

"Star? Rebecca? Kindred of Cain?" he seemed to ask himself <How should I call you?>

"You're welcome Rebecca Starlight! Clan Gangrel welcomes thee. Is not usual for us to have a Soldier of the Sword here in our lodgin. Not quite what we expected if it came to happend.

We're curious, you've defeated our Gate. How did you so? Answer us with the Truth and your debt will be spared by our mercy."

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:24 pm

As Star felt the beast cower to a larger predator, she found herself respecting this man more then actually just putting on some act. The Sabbat  prided themselves on being closer to the beast, much more then their Camorilla counter parts, and a superior Predator should always be respected.

Star tried not to show any sign of fear, and relied on her training to keep her behavior in check. She was indeed scared, anyone In her position would be. But she was the ruler of her emotions, and only she could say weather or not she should act on them... Or at least this is what she told herself.

//Clan Gangrel welcomes thee. Is not usual for us to have a Soldier of the Sword here in our lodgin. //
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" My lord, I thank you and your clan for granting me sanctuary and hospitality.
Please Lord Astor believe me when I say that  You and your clan have nothing to fear from me, I am not in your presents under false pretenses.

I have no desire to return to the Sword.
Doing so would only bring me death, or Eternal damnation. I love my father... More than anything...
I don't want to lose him... Not again.
And if I was to return to the Sabbat... I know I would be made to forget him, for they will see him as a liability to my service to them. So for myself and for the memory of my father. .. I'm defecting from the Sword of Cain.  And that is honesty the truth. "

She said being respectful honest with her true feelings.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I am aware that that might be very hard to believe... especially coming from a soldier of the sword. So I don't blame you if you do not believe me. But know that my father ... He is the only family I have ever known. He has never hurt me, or betrayed me. My father raised me in life to be better then what i have become. I believe I have dishonored him by belonging to the Sabbat.

Being apart of the Sword, It was not a decision that I had any choice in, it simply was part of the package in becoming a cainite, and even that I didn't have a choice it.

But the choice to leave them is all my own ... I'm not doing this because I believe in the Camarilla, I'm not doing this because you spared my life my Lord.
I'm doing this for myself, and to hopefully one night make something of myself that my father will be proud of. "

She said honestly holding confidence in her voice

We're curious, you've defeated our Gate. How did you so? Answer us with the Truth and your debt will be spared by our mercy."
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  Yes my lord.. of course"
Star took a moment to think back before speaking again.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" We were not the 1st to breach the Gangrel's Gate, nor will we be the last ...
To my understanding each night more troop have move beyond your checkpoints to reach the city, there is a series of safe houses set up for us to rondaview with each other in.. Only the Packs leader and the Priscus in the city knew exactly where they're located... but from what I was able to gather, I beleve they have gained access through some underground facility... through the sewers..
I heard it mentioned but it was not my place to ask questions about it."

She paused the next part of information was harder for her to divulge without the use of torture. And she honesty thought she had to be crazy to speak so freely about it and forsake the Sabbat in doing so. This went against her training. She was getting a little stressed and deeply wished to god she had a cigarette right now.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" .... Our leader, a Nosferatu known only as Vermin was in communication with a man named Pierre. Pierre had informed Vermin that Matheus' pack had already breached the gate earlier in the week and it was now our turn. He has instructed us to meet up with the others in the warehouse in the Bronx.

The hole in your Gangral gate, its not a physical one... Yes there is a turn off  about  a 3-5miles from where you set up your checkpoint.. give or take.
I couldn't personally see your checkpoint from where we turned off, but my pack mate Dagon was able to spot it from miles away. There is a small turn off that leads through a heavily roul area of tall grass and trees. This leads off of the 787 and onto highway 84. After that it's smooth sailing to the city which is about 15 minutes away give or take.

If it honestly wasn't for Little John's driving and Verman's guidance I doubt very much that we would have been able to get through. The terrain was very rough on the vehicle and anyone trying with definitely need a serious 4 X4 or a  all-terrain vehicle
but we managed and I get the feeling this was not the first time that Vermin has crossed the border.

It has been reported to me that my pack is dead, but somehow I doubt that Vermin is. He is Shifty, Shady, and very clever. He holds self-preservation Above All Else, he is very good at what he does, and specializes in not being seen. If he truly met his end that night I with be very surprised.

But I digress...
I was told that you Gangrels use satelites, traffic cameras, police patrols and many other high-tech things to keep track of all the access points into New York, but according to Matheus the 84 Interstate highway defenses were offline. Have been for a while. He has a mole to sabotage the Gangrel Gate and give the Sabbat free passage to the city Any time its needed.

Like I said we were not the first to go this way and we probably won't be the last unless you use this information to help prevent it.

But even still my Lord, it's only a Band-Aid. You can move your check point and you can plug up the hole in the fence so to speak. But you have spies within your ranks.... and honestly one could be in this room right now taking note of everything I'm saying and I can be expecting a bounty on my head, more so than me defecting.

Now my Lord is not my intent to sow the seed of dissension within your ranks. But we have been getting through your gate for quite some time, as i understand it. Enough that there are multiple safe houses in the city for various packs to seek aid from each other."

Our mission was clear, get past the gate and rondaview with the others. And then moved to a stronghold and wait for their instructions. Once In the city we were not planing on leaving any time soon.

Saddly i dont know much more... my position within the Sword was a very low one. Most of us were on a need-to-know basis and we learned really early on not to ask questions of our elders, just to shut up and follow orders.

I can say however that with the aid of a unnamed fleash-shaper Little John was able to change his appearance. He had boasted about that on the ride over, said if you guys ever found out who he was you would be surprised... I don't know what he ment by that..... But.. He is dead.. So that's honestly a mute point ..

She said softly holding regret and sorrow in her voice for her friend.  She really wished she had a  cigarette right now.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"War is a b!tch .... "
She added with a sigh, pushing inside her emotions and not letting them rule her.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" But if he changed his look, I would question how many others have as well. And if you would forgive me for saying so my Lord ... this is not a possibility that you should dismiss easily.
If one has don't it.... Others have as well... speaking from someone who has seen these Horrors first-hand.... flesh shaping is nothing to take lightly, it is the ultimate mask, its permanent and completely undetectable from my understanding..."

Star pauses and looks around the room, almost to wonder if their was a spy among them, though she did not linger on this thought and turned her attention back to the Primogen.
She stood once again in a soldier's like fashion, addressing the Primogen again.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"I wish I had more information to give you my Lord, but this is all that I know about the Gangrel Gate incident."
She said giving a respectful bow, and hoping that this was the information that the Elder was seeking.

<god I wish I had a cigarette right now> she thought to herself as she stood silently and awaited Him to speak.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Primogen smiled at Rebecca.
"We have changed our mind, we should call you 'Rebecca Shining Star' as your father meant for you, as he was wise to name you so.

Your information is most valuable. We did not know about the spy, the mole as Sabbat calls it. We wonder if that 'mole' knows who he is working for. We suspect he or she does not."
he said thoughtful.

"Brian Hell Song, we have one more mission for you, to show your daughter her way in The Camarilla. You're now burden with her Accounting and you shall honor that duty. She will be treated as your Childe until we decide otherwise."

Rebecca's father was indeed very happy and bowed solemnly and said.
"It will be my honor Lord Astor."

The Primogen rose his hand and said
"In twelve nights we shall grant you another audience Rebecca Shining Star to be Presented before his majesty Prince Michael Bright of Ventrue. We now wish you fare well and command you to obbey Brian Hell Song in his every command, disobey and we shall punish you harshly."

Brian bowed again and made a hand sign to Becca to take their leave now.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Star stood quietly and was a bit surprised by the Primogen's reaction. She though indeed maybe this bit of info would be useful to them, but it has also sealed her fate.

We have changed our mind, we should call you 'Rebecca Shining Star' as your father meant for you, as he was wise to name you so.
Star raised s eyebrow at this, At first she didn't understand why it was such a big deal for them to call her something. but then she started to realize this had to be some sort of title or what not, especially if they're making such a fuss about giving it to her proper. Still she didn't quite get it and her thoughts started to wonder....

<did you seriously just go around in a circle with trying to choose me a name? Hee-Hee why am I thinking of a dog chasing its tail??.dear god please don't let me think of this guy as a dog chasing it tail.. Oh God too late... Nuuuuuu heee-Hee-Hee>

Star had to bite down on her lower lip to prevent herself from giving out a audible giggle. She could help but smirk, which probably was misconstrued as she was pleased with what the Primagen said, in reality she found it a little humorous.

The amusement she found in this only intensified when she heard her father's title, and she had to raise her hand to her mouth she cover a smile.
Brian Hell Song
She thought..
<Hell Song?... You guys call my Dad Hell Song?.. Oh sweet Zombie Jesus, I need to find out the story behind this one.... Hee-Hee..why am I finding this so funny.... God don't laugh.. Don't laugh... Control your emotions...laugh about it later...
Ok straight FaceTime... You are a Soldier know your place>

She said that last part repeatedly in her mind bring her back to attention, though the fact that she was finding humor in this all drove her fears away about the fact that she was probably going to die before the week was up.But in that moment she was actually a bit happy, and it was clear to see.

Brian Hell Song, we have one more mission for you, to show your daughter her way in The Camarilla. You're now burden with her Accounting and you shall honor that duty. She will be treated as your Childe until we decide otherwise
Star tilted her head, she still held a smile she was trying to conceal, but failing.
She didn't quite understand what the Primogen ment by "accounting" , and she couldn't help but think that she was about to sign up for a business class at some Community College.
<accounting?? Didn't think Dad was the financial type ,  and I don't know anything about Number-crunching.....and "Child"... I'm already his child.. What the who-ha is this guy going on about?>

But what ever it ment her father seemed very happy with this decision.

Star was kind of surprised that they were actually going to give her an opportunity to join the faction .
She halfway thought they were probably going to tell her after they got the information and didn't find her useful anymore. though the lingering reality of what she just did started to weigh on her mind.

<I have abandoned my duty, I have forsakes the Sword, I have forsaked Cain's will... I have dishonored the memory of my pack,..
i have dishonored  myself...
Am I a coward or am I brave...
No I'm F*cking crazy... I'm totally going to die for this>

"In twelve nights we shall grant you another audience //to be Presented before his majesty Prince Michael Bright of Ventrue. We // command you to obbey Brian Hell Song in his every command, disobey and we shall punish you harshly."
Star gave a bow as she pushed her thoughts aside.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Lord Primogen, thank you for this opportunity. I will not disappoint. I will honor my Father and your wishes for me. "
She said giving him a formal bow of respect
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" At the risk of my own undoing, I do hope that the information that I have provided to you will help you and your clan in some way.
"

She smiled, but still that lingering fear in the back of her head kept nagging at her, of how she had forsaken herself in this decision to be with her father. If joining the Camarilla was the only way she could survive and be with her father. It was worth the risk. She would rather be with him for a few days knowing that she was going to die because of it. Then to live life times without his memory.

Star turned to her father and gave him a smile..
She was quiet as they left, though she did turn to him with a bit of a smirk once they were out of earshot of the primagen and  with some humor in her voice and said...
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Hell Song?... Hee-hee Really daddy... you have to tell me the story behind that.. I can not die not knowing hee-hee"

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm

As the two left the Primogen's chamber Star remained silent, she still could not shake the feeling that she had betrayed herself. She knew that what she had choose to do was the best choice, in fact it was the only choice. But it was a hard choice to make, forsake her sworn Duty and betraying the responsibilities put on her by the Sword in hopes of saving the memories and her sence of self. 
She loved her father too much to let him go. 
She knew it was selfish, perhaps even cowardly, but she didn't care. The thought of having to leave him was worse then the title of "Traitor" that she now bestowed upon herself.

There was still a part of her that very much respected the Sabbat, and a part of her that will miss them.  But her pack was all dead, and if she was to survive she would have to find a new way.. And that way was with the Camarilla. 

She was indeed  grateful for the opportunity that was presented for her, and being with her father again gave her a sense of nostalgia and peace that she had not felt in quite some time.
Though she still maintain her cold militant demeanor, she smiled warmly when she caught him looking  to her as they talked.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" oh my god.. I need a smoke.. strange question but you don't have a cigarette on you... do you? ...
She said looking at her father, though she doubted that he actually had any on him.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I hope that I did good back there daddy, first impressions are usually the most memorable"
She looked down at herself and realized her clothing was full of bullet holes and very tattered.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" beautiful... I probably should have changed first before meeting the Primagen... Oh well. I still look like I have been in a firefight With.... Um well... The Camirilla, Hee-Hee

Do you think it might be possible for me to find something more suitable to wear? .. 
Oh and forgive me, I'm not trying to be a pain but I am rather hungry... And I honestly should go hunting looking like this... 

Though I wouldn't be opposed to sharing a "pint" with you... Maybe a nice drunk hobo, get a little buzz going. That always seems to hit the spot. 

Though I don't want anything Young, I'm not into Toddler Tuesdays... I can't hold that sh!t down."

She said in all seriousness almost expecting that THAT was  actually a thing all vampires do. Indeed children were on her menu at one point in time.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  I'm really interested in hearing about this Camarilla I'll be joining. You say its different from the Sabbat.... I would like to know how much different. I have truly only heard bad things about it, but I would really like to get your perspective on it. I trust you to tell me the truth at least from your point of view dad."
She said with a warm smile.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm

" Hell Song?... Hee-hee Really daddy... you have to tell me the story behind that.. I can not die not knowing hee-hee"
*LAUGHTER* "That's a story you wouldn't believe Becca!"

oh my god.. I need a smoke.. strange question but you don't have a cigarette on you... do you?
"Sorry Kido, I don't 'do' fire" he smirks

" I hope that I did good back there daddy, first impressions are usually the most memorable"
She looked down at herself and realized her clothing was full of bullet holes and very tattered.
" beautiful... I probably should have changed first before meeting the Primagen... Oh well. I still look like I have been in a firefight With.... Um well... The Camirilla, Hee-Hee
Brian seemed already pleased and relaxed when they got out of the Primogen Chamber. He had a light mood and was very obvious that he felt just fine about the whole deal.
"You did great Becca. I'm proud of you."

Short in words indeed but nevertheless he meant alot in his heart about how proud he felt.

Do you think it might be possible for me to find something more suitable to wear?
"Of course Rebecca Star Light. We shall if we can find something worthy."

Oh and forgive me, I'm not trying to be a pain but I am rather hungry... And I honestly should go hunting looking like this...

Though I wouldn't be opposed to sharing a "pint" with you...
"In the Camarilla we do hunt but not as Sabbats. We need to care for the Masquerade and that's something you want to take very seriously. Your existence depends on it."

He suddenly got serious about the subject.
"Camarilla is a strong almost all-present in New York City. Several groups struggle to siege control on its institutions but Vampires are one of the most succesful.

We have eyes in all places but not as many as humans, Hunters, Leopoldo Society, among other perils of expousing your vampiric nature and blackmailing the Camarilla with it. Hence there are consequences, show your vampire powers means you will be hunted by humans or vampires but either case you'll find final death if you're lucky. If not you may fall prisoner of the Tremere for their experiments."

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 pm

LAUGHTER* "That's a story you wouldn't believe Becca!"
Star smiled at her father.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  well I'm assuming it's some sort of title or nickname that you have earned. Yah?.. Hee-Hee makes me wonder slightly what you have been doing during your time as a Cainite. Hee-he "
She said with a light-hearted laugh, seeming a bit proud that her father had earned some sort of nickname or title, even if the name was strange.

Sorry Kido, I don't 'do' fire" he smirks
Star rolled her eyes and her mood sank from slightly cheerful two more monochrome.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
""fire?" .. Huh.. face your fears dad, it the only way to control'em.. ..."
She seemed slightly I'm disappointed  and agitated as she was coming to the realization that these vampires probably don't smoke cigarettes.
" damn... Does anyone around here smoke? I totally need to bum a cigarette off someone...'cuz I'm about 10 steps away from picking through the trash looking for a half used butt"

You did great Becca. I'm proud of you."
Though she was still disappointed in herself for betraying her duty, her father's words of aproval seemed to make her smile.  She didn't say anything to this , she just simply mentally logged it away as one of her many "good" memories that she could pullback on knowing that her father was proud of her.

Of course Rebecca Star Light. We shall if we can find something worthy."
Star raised an eyebrow and looked at her father when he called her by that Name, it was strange hearing it from him and part of her couldn't tell if he was being facetious about it.

As her father I took a more serious tone, she reacted accordingly. Her posture became more straight and attentive to paying attention to what he was saying. Indeed if this was going to be a key to her survival she needed to absorb this information and and and find a way to incorporate it into her actions.
She didn't understand everything that was being said to her but she did allow herself to ask questions that she figured gaining knowledge is a way to gain power. Especially with someone who was comfortable with her and willing to speak with her about the topic.

"In the Camarilla we do hunt but not as Sabbats. We need to care for the Masquerade and that's something you want to take very seriously. Your existence depends on it."
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  I have heard that word before.. "masquerade" ...
I believe we go by something similar but not as strict. If the Camarilla takes it so seriously then I should too.   You Camirilla use it as a way to hide from mortals, you pretend to be mortal. And hide your beast ... like a beautiful lie.. I can see that there are benefits to this. That is unless you fall short and start believing in your own lie.

"Camarilla is a strong almost all-present in New York City. // humans, Hunters, Leopoldo Society, among other perils of expousing your vampiric nature and blackmailing the Camarilla with it.
Star's expression turn to a bit of shock when she heard this. She couldn't believe that something as strong as a powerhouse as the Camarilla was putting up with blackmail from blood bags.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" You can not be serious daddy,  Mortals dare to play games with us? How big of a threat could these blood-bags be ?... Why has the Camarilla not simply destroyed them and put them back in their place?"

Hence there are consequences, show your vampire powers means you will be hunted by humans or vampires but either case you'll find final death if you're lucky. ."
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" yeah... I get that.
Lucky for me majority of my hunts involved the homeless, which are usualy too drunk or blacked out to truly remember what the hell I did to them .. Ugh... hiding bodies can become a headache.. I know enough not to kill my prey... Well if I can help it... I'm not a savage.  "

If not you may fall prisoner of the Tremere for their experiments
She paused and thought for a moment.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Yes... The Tremere.. Not as deadly as the Tzimicse ... But definitely not to be trusted. Only a great fool would take anything that they give you.... especially blood. I honestly wouldn't even want to eat one if I could help it....
She said still thinking about them as they walked, throwing out the insinuation of Diablorey.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" I guess I would consider myself lucky to never have truly met any of them in person. I hear that they are  demon worshippers bound to a elder and conjure demonic forces from Beyond to do their bidding. I don't even think the Tzimices like them.... Best to be avoided "

Star shrugged her shoulders and maintained her normal demeanor, being attentive and alert to her surroundings all the while absorbing everything that her father had to say. She took his words very seriously wanting to learn everything that she could so she could use this to help her survive.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" Dad, the Primogen ... he said that I was under "accounting"....  I'm not sure if I understand what that means?
I'm not the best at finances, though I do know how to make money through.... Um.. "nefarious means" ... don't get me wrong. It seems to be something I'm good at. Supply and demand, giving people what they want Or at least what they think they want. And I will happily  alleviate them from all the money in their wallet ... Hee-Hee... I am NOT a thug!
Call me evil if you want, it's just business. It's just about the only thing those walking ATM blood bags are good for ...well besides food."

She said with a small bit of a laugh and a toothy grin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"  so please... continue. Tell me more about this Camarilla, and what will be expected of me. My duties to them and what not."
She said with a eager look and a smile

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 pm

The conversation between the two cainites was in their way back from the Primogen Chamber back through the Black Maze to the Train and then back to the 'bad elevator' until they got to the surface.

"fire?" .. Huh.. face your fears dad, it the only way to control'em.. ..."
Brian smirks. "You think you won't flinch in the presence of red fear?"

OOC: Sabbats are well known to jump over fire and dance inside camp fires to prove their resolve and willpower. At least that's something Star had heard from Dagon if she choose to believe him. Since her embrace fire is being a "thing" trying to light a cigarrette, the first dozen or so fell into the mud with the correspondent smack in the head by LJ. These nights she is more in control but still away from unflich-able.
" You can not be serious daddy, Mortals dare to play games with us? How big of a threat could these blood-bags be ?... Why has the Camarilla not simply destroyed them and put them back in their place?"
"Wait and see what these 'blog bags' can do and then we can talk about destroying them" Brian was starting to get a clue about Becca's demeanor about the motormouth sabbat thing she had. His gaze and expression was defying her to prove herself. She could read <Overconfident> in his eyes judging.

" Yes... The Tremere.. Not as deadly as the Tzimicse ... But definitely not to be trusted. Only a great fool would take anything that they give you.... especially blood. I honestly wouldn't even want to eat one if I could help it....
Brian didn't said a word he was starting to find 'funny' how Sabbat was always better than Camarilla in her daughter's eyes. Again his expression said <She is so young... and cute>

" Dad, the Primogen ... he said that I was under "accounting".... I'm not sure if I understand what that means?
"In the Camarilla creating a new vampires comes with the responsability to take care of, teach and punish our Childes. That's called 'Accounting' for a Childe"

" so please... continue. Tell me more about this Camarilla, and what will be expected of me. My duties to them and what not."
"I prefer to show you. So far we have covered the basics. Just stay by my side until you learn more about our ways."

Brian got in the car and started driving to the nearest boulevard.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Brian smirks. "You think you won't flinch in the presence of red fear?"
Star had to laugh at this.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
"of course I will, what are you mad. Its instinct, self preservation... the fear that's inside of us of our own destruction from the force that could kill us... If I didn't flinch or feel fear I would think there would be something wrong with me.
.. You miss what I mean by saying you need to face your fears.
You have to understand yourself.. and to do that you need to understand the thing that Canites of the Camirrilla fear the most... The Beast with in us all.

You're a Gangrel, your kind have a connection to the monster within more so than a lot of the other clans from my understanding.

True power comes from not only controlling your environment but also controlling yourself. You can do everything in your unlife to try never to start a fire, but what happens when someone else starts a fire and maybe you are forced to deal with the unthinkable. Perhaps your loved ones are trapped in a burning building and you must gather your courage to save them or give in to the beast and run screaming away in fear... having to live with the regret of failing to protect those that you care about.   ... I never want to face that type of failure.. when others depend on you, and look up to you. You have to be there for them regardless of your fear....
Learn your self and accept it, push yourself past the limitations to be better then yourself.
This is discipline 101 dad"

She said in all seriousness taking on tone of confidence, almost like a teacher would instruct someone.

Wait and see what these 'blog bags' can do and then we can talk about destroying them" His gaze and expression was defying her to prove herself. She could read <Overconfident> in his eyes judging.
She picked up the judgment in his eyes and she lowered her gaze to the ground
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" ahh... Yes... Well... perhaps I need to reconsider my thinking... I'm not so overconfident to understand that I might be wrong...
After all... "the only true wisdom in the world is that you truly know nothing.".. Socrates... "

She said still holding her head low and realizing that she has a lot of learning to do.

In the Camarilla creating a new vampires comes with the responsability to take care of, teach and punish our Childes. That's called 'Accounting' for a Childe"
Star from this very interesting, this concept was very different from anything that she has experienced In the Sabbat.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" really?... Humm... definitely sounds a bit more responsible than what I'm used to, after all with the Sabbat it's more of "[i]it takes a village to raise a child "[?i] type mentality ...
I mean if they don't end up eating each other in the process"

She said with a shrug

I prefer to show you. So far we have covered the basics. Just stay by my side until you learn more about our ways."
She gives a slight nod
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" of course, but I do prefer to be told things rather than shown them through practice or having to experience them through my own fawley. We can learn a great deal by watching the failure of others.... but honestly I would prefer not to get my teeth kicked in for making a mistake I knew nothing about in the first place. Or learning that sunlight and fire can hurt you the hard way... "

As she got in the car and as they started to drive she site very still and attentive, taking note of her surroundings. Still very much in the mindset of a soldier. She was quiet and didn't engage in conversation unless spoken to or the information she had to say was relevant in some way. She mostly kept her own thoughts to herself, figuring that they would only add to the noise of her surroundings destracting her from possibly miss something important. After all silence can speak volumes.

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:30 pm

True power comes from not only controlling your environment but also controlling yourself. You can do everything in your unlife to try never to start a fire, but what happens when someone else starts a fire and maybe you are forced to deal with the unthinkable. Perhaps your loved ones are trapped in a burning building and you must gather your courage to save them or give in to the beast and run screaming away in fear... having to live with the regret of failing to protect those that you care about.   ... I never want to face that type of failure.. when others depend on you, and look up to you. You have to be there for them regardless of your fear....
Learn your self and accept it, push yourself past the limitations to be better then yourself.
This is discipline 101 dad"
Brian smiled at Becca without taking her words seriously.
"You speak of discipline but facing any of those dangers or all at once just shows improvisation, lack of planning and over all lack of discipline."

Spoiler:
OOC: "Original Quote":
Nicolas Machiavelli wrote:“It ought to be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. Because the innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new. This coolness arises partly from fear of the opponents, who have the laws on their side, and partly from the incredulity of men, who do not readily believe in new things until they have had a long experience of them.”

of course, but I do prefer to be told things rather than shown them through practice or having to experience them through my own fawley. We can learn a great deal by watching the failure of others.... but honestly I would prefer not to get my teeth kicked in for making a mistake I knew nothing about in the first place. Or learning that sunlight and fire can hurt you the hard way... "
"No one will kick your teeth now.

You're failing at your first lesson Becca. Realizing this is nothing like the Sabbat, at all.

Learn to unlearn and then we can start from there to talk about The Camarilla."

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fliskets Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:31 pm

She looked at her father taking in all that he had to say. Eventually she gave a sigh and nodded.
▂▂▂▂▂▂STAR▂▂▂▂▂▂
" as always... You have a point dad.
I will do my best to face what's to come with out drawing parallels. I can't promise that I will succeed. I can only promise that I will try to see things from a Camarilla point of view.... and I will do my best to truly keep the things "I think I know" silent.
"

She said with a bit of a sigh, her voice was soft but it locked emotion. Her hard exterior was back up and looked out the window for the rest of their Journey

[End sceen]

Fliskets
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum